The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences presented its 38th Annual Sports Emmy Awards on Tuesday evening in New York, and FOX Sports took top honors in 11 different categories. Receiving 39 nominations across FOX Sports’ networks, the dynamic collection of wins included those for event coverage, studio shows, on-air personalities, and audio production.
FOX Sports coverage of the biggest events in the sports world, including Super Bowl LI, the 112th World Series and Daytona 500 led to multiple awards. FOX Sports earned the Sports Emmy for Outstanding Live Sports Special for the 112th World Series: Cleveland Indians vs. Chicago Cubs. FOX Sports’ also earned three other Sports Emmys for its MLB coverage, including awards for Outstanding Long Form Editing for Confessions of a Cubs Fan: A Century of Waiting; and Outstanding Studio Show – Limited Run: The Postseason. The MLB on FOX earned the Outstanding Live Event Audio/Sound Sports Emmy – a category that FOX Sports has won every year since 2006, and 15 of the last 16 years.
FOX Sports’ NFL production took three nods, with two for its Super Bowl LI coverage: Outstanding Open/Tease for the FOX NFL Sunday: Super Bowl LI: The Greatest and Outstanding Production Design/Art Direction: FOX NFL Sunday: Super Bowl LI: The Greatest. For the second year in a row, FOX Sports took the award for Outstanding Social TV Experience, this time for 100,000 CAMERAS: THE DAYTONA 500, which was produced by FS1 and NASCAR Productions. Rounding out the honors, legendary college basketball announcer Bill Raftery, who calls Big East games on FS1, among other networks, repeated as the Outstanding Sports Personality – Sports Event Analyst.
FOX Sports’ 2017 Sports Emmy Awards:
- Outstanding Live Sports Special: 112th World Series: Cleveland Indians vs. Chicago Cubs (FOX) Outstanding Long Form Editing: Confessions of a Cubs Fan: A Century of Waiting (FS1)
- Outstanding Studio Show – Limited Run: MLB on FOX, The Postseason (FOX/FS1/FOXSports.com)
- Outstanding Live Event Audio / Sound: MLB on FOX (FOX/FS1/MLB Network)
- Outstanding Open/Tease: FOX NFL Sunday: Super Bowl LI: The Greatest (FOX/FS1)
- Outstanding Production Design/Art Direction: FOX NFL Sunday: Super Bowl LI – The Greatest (FOX/FS1)
- Outstanding Playoff Coverage: NFC Divisional Playoff, Green Bay Packers vs. Dallas Cowboys (FOX)
- Outstanding Sports Promotional Announcement: Daytona 500 – Daytona Day (FOX/FS1/FS2) http://bit.ly/209DYfI
- Outstanding Social TV Experience: 100,000 Cameras: The Daytona 500 (FS1/NASCAR Productions) http://bit.ly/2qZBstz
- Outstanding Sports Personality – Sports Event Analyst: Bill Raftery (CBS/FS1/tbs/TNT/truTV)
- Outstanding Edited Sports Coverage: UFC Fight Flashback: Diaz vs. McGregor 2 (FS1 / UFC)