FOX Sports and the National Geographic Channels are among the nominees for the Second Annual Cynopsis Social Good Awards, which honor the entertainment industry’s outstanding social responsibility initiatives. The winners will be announced at the Social Good Awards Breakfast on Thursday, April 7, in New York City.
The nominations for 21st Century Fox businesses include the following:
- Animal Awareness Campaign or Initiative: National Geographic Kids – Mission: Animal Rescue
- Best Sports Spot (Over 30 Seconds): FOX Sports Supports – “We Are BGCA”
- Best Unscripted Episode with a Social Good Theme: National Geographic Channel – Explorer: Warlords of Ivory
- Hash Tag Promotion: National Geographic Society – #5forBigCats
- Nonprofit/Corporate Partnership: National Geographic Channel – Saints & Strangers Partnership with Feeding America
- Public Service Announcement: Nat Geo WILD – Big Cat Week PSA “Fancy Cats”
- Social Good Shining Sports Stars: FOX Sports Supports
Both FOX Sports and Nat Geo WILD were recognized at last year’s awards, with Nat Geo WILD’s Big Cat Week tying with the USA Network’s “Characters Unite” initiative to win the Awareness Campaign or Initiative category. FOX Sports Supports, FOX Sports’ charitable initiative, was recognized for its work surrounding the 2014 Special Olympics USA Games, during which FOX Sports provided on-air and online media exposure across its suite of channels via on-air specials, PSA’s, and in-person activation.
For more information, including a full list of nominees, visit Cynopsis.com, and check out FOX Sports’ “We Are BGCA” spot below: